Denture Repair in Portland, OR
Need to replace old, failing dentures? Tired of wearing dentures and want to hear about other options?
Our prosthodontists specialize in restoring missing or damaged teeth and jaw structures. We can fix broken dentures or find an even better tooth replacement option to fit your needs.
Whatever your situation, we’ll ensure your dentures or other final restoration complements your facial structure and gives your smile a natural, effortless appearance.
Schedule time with us and together we’ll find the best denture replacement option for you.
Why do dentures break?
The 3 most common reasons why dentures break include:
- Wear and tear. Chewing, temperature variations, the acidity of food and drinks you consume, and the moisture in your mouth can wear down a denture over time.
- Bone loss. Missing teeth often lead to progressive bone loss in the jaw, causing your denture to loosen and move around in your mouth. This lack of stability and fit puts stress on the denture, causing it to crack or break.
- Accidents. The daily process of removing, cleaning, and storing your dentures at night creates a risk for accidents (like dropping or losing them).
How to fix broken dentures
Depending on how badly broken your dentures are, and your specific situation, there are a few options for fixing dentures.
We never recommend denture glue as a permanent solution, but it can work in a pinch until you can come see us. For a long-term fix, a professional repair using denture acrylic is the best option. In some cases, a brand new set of dentures may be necessary.
Once we meet with you and take a look at your denture prosthesis, we’ll be able to make the best recommendation for your specific situation.
Denture replacement options
We work with many patients who, after experiencing a denture failure, don’t want to go back to traditional dentures and are ready for something new.
We often recommend implant overdentures as a great alternative. Overdentures are a modern method for securing full or partial dentures in your mouth to dental implants.
There are many benefits to this solution:
- Ensures the denture doesn’t fall out or come off unexpectedly
- Keeps the denture from sitting on your gums and improves chewing
- Good for the health of your jaw bone
- Much more comfortable compared to traditional dentures
You may also benefit from All-on-4 Implants or another tooth replacement option. We’ll find the best solution for you.
"Calm and relaxed atmosphere, personable staff, this office has everything dialed in to provide a comfortable and professional experience. Dr. Manning’s ability to put you completely at ease is coupled with an expert skill set. The procedure was painless and much shorter than I expected. I will definitely refer my friends to this office."
Denture repairs at Advanced Dentistry
Ready to get started? Begin with a consultation and we’ll help you find the best solution.
Here’s what to expect during your first visit:
- 90 minutes of one-on-one time with your doctor
- We’ll look at your dental and medical history and any additional diagnostic records, including x-rays
- Enjoy our gentle dental examination, including a head and neck exam, oral cancer screening, and a full tooth and gum analysis
- We’ll take a look at your broken dentures and talk to you about your lifestyle and concerns about your smile
- We’ll end by discussing our recommendation