Dental Bridge Repair in Portland, OR
Dealing with a broken dental bridge?
Our office can help if you’re having problems with your dental bridge. If your bridge broke in half, you notice a crack or chip in your bridge, or are experiencing pain or sensitivity around your dental bridge, contact us.
As prosthodontists, we have decades of experience helping those with dental bridge issues and other dental prosthetic concerns.
Plus, we partner with surgical specialists in the Portland area to ensure our patients get exactly the care they need for their dental bridge repair.
Dr. Manning, Dr. Halmos, and Dr. Redmond will ensure you receive comprehensive, collaborative care.
At Advanced Dentistry, you can expect specialized, high-quality care.
What causes a dental bridge to break or fail?
A dental bridge can last for up to a decade. You may need dental bridge repair due to:
- Lack of proper oral hygiene
- Changes to supporting teeth
- Tooth grinding
- Habits like chewing on a pen or pencil
- Lack of routine visits to your dental provider, which can help you catch and avoid dental bridge problems
- Impact injuries, such as a car accident or fall
Can a dental bridge be repaired?
Sometimes! Depending on the type of failure you’re dealing with, we may be able to repair the bridge. For example, if the break is minor, it can often be repaired by dental bonding. However, if the dental bridge has a more severe problem, it may need to be replaced.
How much does it cost to fix a dental bridge?
The cost to fix a dental bridge will vary based on the type of repair you need. It’s also possible that you may need to replace your dental bridge or invest in a completely different solution.
What to do if a dental bridge falls out?
It’s rare, but if your bridge has fallen out, seek immediate help. Schedule an appointment and keep the bridge in a safe place until your visit. If the dental bridge is bonded to your front tooth, seek same-day care.
Treatment options for failing dental bridges
Your treatment recommendation will be personalized to your specific situation and depend on various factors:
- What is the source of the issue?
- How early did we catch the problem?
- Is the bridge completely broken or does it just have a chip or crack?
- Can we repair the bridge or do we need to replace it?
- Are you a candidate for a bridge replacement or will another solution be better?
In general, we often recommend one or more of the following:
- Dental bridge repair
- Dental bridge replacement
- Dental implants
Whatever treatment plan we help create for you, our goal is to fix the problem at the source and ensure long-term success and a beautiful smile.
Don’t wait — get help for a broken or failing tooth bridge
Contact us to schedule your appointment which will include:
- 90 minutes of one-on-one time with your doctor
- Review of your dental and medical history and any additional diagnostic records, including x-rays
- Discussion of your situation
- Complete examination, including a head and neck exam, oral cancer screening, and a full tooth and gum analysis
- Discussion of our initial findings
After your first appointment, we’ll invite you back to our office for a complimentary follow-up consultation where we’ll carefully outline our recommendation for your dental bridge.
"Calm and relaxed atmosphere, personable staff, this office has everything dialed in to provide a comfortable and professional experience. Dr. Manning’s ability to put you completely at ease is coupled with an expert skill set. The procedure was painless and much shorter than I expected. I will definitely refer my friends to this office."