Dental Crowns in Portland, OR
Restore your smile with custom-made crowns.
Are You Dealing With:
- Fractured or broken teeth?
- Severely decayed teeth?
- Cosmetic imperfections?
- An upcoming root canal or implant?
A dental crown from Advanced Dentistry may be the best solution. Our team is committed to providing the highest quality dental crown treatments in Portland. Our care is always personalized to meet your specific needs.
Schedule a time to find out more about how a dental crown can improve the appearance and function of your smile.
"Calm and relaxed atmosphere, personable staff, this office has everything dialed in to provide a comfortable and professional experience. Dr. Manning’s ability to put you completely at ease is coupled with an expert skill set. The procedure was painless and much shorter than I expected. I will definitely refer my friends to this office."
What is a dental crown?
A dental crown acts as a "cap" and covers a damaged tooth, restoring its normal size, shape, function, and aesthetics. Crowns are designed to strengthen a tooth weakened by disease, decay, or injury. Crowns are also commonly the last step of a root canal or dental implant procedure.
We offer several types of crowns at our office, depending on your individual needs:
- Ceramic crowns - These tooth-colored crowns are made from various high strength glass materials, such as zirconia, and are custom-crafted by high-tech local labs or our in-house ceramist. These crowns are incredibly durable and look great, too.
- Metal crowns - Full gold dental crowns can occasionally be beneficial in the back of the mouth. This type of crown offers additional strength and durability when compared to ceramic crowns.
Drs. Halmos and Manning may recommend a dental crown for patients who:
- Have a cavity that's too large to properly fit a filling
- Have a missing tooth and need a dental bridge to repair their smile
- Need to cap a dental implant
- Have a cracked or structurally weakened tooth that needs improved support and stability
- Have undergone root canal therapy and need to protect the tooth
- Want to cover a badly damaged tooth and improve the appearance of their smile
- Need to improve the shape of their bite
- Have worn down their teeth and need to restore them to the right size
World-class results from our in-house lab
We’re one of the only prosthodontists in the area to have a highly-trained ceramist on staff — a huge benefit to our patients!
Our ceramist specializes in difficult color-matching cases, making him uniquely qualified to create seamless, beautiful results whether you need just one crown or many.
As part of your treatment process, our ceramist will meet with you chairside to map the intricate colors and characterization of your teeth and build your crown to a world class level.
Dental crowns from Advanced Dentistry
"I cannot say enough great things about my experience here! After 10 years of dental treatment I am more than happy to say Dr. Halmos made the end of my experience100% worth it! He not only knew exactly what he was doing, but made sure each and ever little detail for my implants were absolutely perfect and I could not be more happy with how they turned out! Every single one of the staff members were always so friendly and made my visits feel very welcoming! I would highly recommend this practice!"
New patient information
Here’s what to expect during your first visit to our office:
- 90 minutes of one-on-one time with your doctor
- We’ll take a look at your dental and medical history and any additional diagnostic records, including x-rays
- Enjoy our gentle dental examination, including a head and neck exam, oral cancer screening, and a full tooth and gum analysis
- We’ll end by discussing what we’ve found during the exam
At Advanced Dentistry, our Prosthodontists custom-tailor each treatment based on our initial comprehensive exam. After your first appointment, we’ll invite you back to our office for a complimentary follow-up consultation.
Whether we recommend a single dental crown or more comprehensive procedure, we’ll ensure you’re receiving the highest-quality personalized care.